Next 200Hr Yoga Teacher Training starts in September 2017
It is a 11-month course with a staff of 7 people. This training is a way not only to deepen our knowledge of yoga and develop as teachers, but to explore our own inner worlds and to work on ourselves.
Mike Curtis is a E-RYT-500 teacher (trained and certified to teach teachers). We have specialists for anatomy, philosophy, restorative yoga, Sanskrit, sequencing and more.
The requirements for the course are at least two years of experience with yoga.
We like to accept people who put a high value on learning, exploring, respect and cooperation. This is not a program that only emphasizes the physical part of yoga—we offer a broader approach and a deeper education that shows how multi-faceted yoga really can be.
A typical weekend of our course will look something like this:
We will meet for three hours on Friday night from 6 to 9 pm. This will include two hours of asana practice followed by a documentary (light and healthy refreshments included, since we encourage you not to have dinner before class).
All in all a very informative, uplifting and exciting program!
The cost of the course is $1800. You can pay that all upfront (or make a down payment of $800 and monthly payments for the remaining balance). The cost includes your books and access to all the yoga classes on our regular on-going schedule.
On Sundays we will begin quietly at 8:00 am with meditation and somatic yoga led by Alana Generson. During the course of the day we will focus on the study of proper alignment as well as practice teaching. We will conclude Sundays with anatomy and philosophy.
Yoga Teacher Training Class of 2015
Throughout the course we will have special presenters and topics including…
- Cynthia Yeagley teaching restorative and Somatics yoga.
- Rhonda Kuster teaching inversions and Sanskrit.
- Kedric Wolfe will also be speaking with us and leading us in practice.
- Mike Curtis will be teaching sequencing, hands-on assisting, backbends, partner yoga, alignment and therapeutic yoga.
- Margot Milcetich will be teaching anatomy, philosophy, yoga for special conditions and kirtan.
- Melissa Codispoti ayurveda, administrative consultant and bhakti yoga
- Erin Larsen teaching Thai Partner Yoga